Airbox/Carb Rubbers

Moderator: Moderators

VeloABF16v
My Bike: ZXR400 H SP

Airbox/Carb Rubbers

Post by VeloABF16v »

Hello guys all the way from South Africa. I have bought a ZXR400H SP but have a problem with the tearshaped rubbers going into the carbs. The are rock hard and are pulling off the carbs. Spare seems to be very scarce. Any ideas or even replacements that I can try?

Nice forum you guys have here. hoping to learn a lot!

Cheers,

Stefan
CrazyChris
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX400G

Re: Airbox/Carb Rubbers

Post by CrazyChris »

Hey Dude. Which part of SA are you from? I did a search the other day on gumtree, junkmail ect and there are a few guys stripping the zxr400 and selling the spares. Might be worth a look. oldman
Columbo
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

Post by Columbo »

VeloABF16v

Post by VeloABF16v »

Hey dude, I'm from Port Elizabeth. Busy restoring a ZXR that has been standing for 5 years. Parts are so scarce in S.A. Damn!
VeloABF16v

Post by VeloABF16v »

My problem is on 11011A. Those inlets at the bottom which are tearshaped have gone rocksolid and have no flex in them so they simply just pull off the carbs. Any ideas?
CrazyChris
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX400G

Post by CrazyChris »

VeloABF16v wrote:Hey dude, I'm from Port Elizabeth. Busy restoring a ZXR that has been standing for 5 years. Parts are so scarce in S.A. Damn!
I hear you. I have the G myself. Your best bet will be either gumtree/junkmail ect. Or a Kawasaki dealer. My local dealer can source parts for me via Japan. Gonna cost an arm and a leg unfortunately but it can be done.
Columbo
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

Post by Columbo »

VeloABF16v wrote:My problem is on 11011A. Those inlets at the bottom which are tearshaped have gone rocksolid and have no flex in them so they simply just pull off the carbs. Any ideas?
Can't find that reference in any diagram.
Got a part number?