Jetting FCR Flatslide

Moderator: Moderators

pieterzxr
My Bike: zxr400

Jetting FCR Flatslide

Post by pieterzxr »

I have FCR Flatslides with open air box, Micron exhaust and racing cams. I bought the carb's without main jets. What should be a good size of main jet to start with? And could anyone say anything about the length of the velocity stacks?
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: Jetting FCR Flatslide

Post by banner001 »

hard to say, but maybe start with some 105's, 108's and 110's and go from there?

if you have already got all that gear, you really should be using dynojet needles to get the most from the engine.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
rmkd177

Post by rmkd177 »

banner001 wrote:hard to say, but maybe start with some 105's, 108's and 110's and go from there?

if you have already got all that gear, you really should be using dynojet needles to get the most from the engine.
Way off the mark with this reply im afraid 'banner001'
120's are nearer as a good starting point...and i arnt aware that dynojet do needles for fcr's, but why would you use inferior dynojet in fcr's when the needles are adjustable and the range of keihin fcr needles is endless.
Id go 120 mains, if the fcr's are 'road' state that when ordering the jets as the 'fcr race' are long hexagonal and may foul the float bowl...fairly long velocity stacks 40/50mm...and put the accelerator activation arm in the outer hole.
If they are the road version and you havent got the sp loom/cdi and throttle position sensor/solenoid. Then ensure you have the accelerator pump bleed off blocked and not bridged.
Hope this helps
R.Middleton
pieterzxr
My Bike: zxr400

Post by pieterzxr »

Thanks, This is usefull information. I am going to use ignitech programmable ignition. Maybe I can get the solonoid working.