swapping o.e.m carbs for other model one ???

Moderator: Moderators

norideano
My Bike: kawasaki zxr 400 h1

swapping o.e.m carbs for other model one ???

Post by norideano »

hi all i was just wondering if any other carbs will fit the zxr's ? as i would just like a change lol i no obvs your have to get the bike set up and all lol

any help thanks lads and gals :excited
HELL WAS FULL SO THEY SENT ME BACK :P
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: swapping o.e.m carbs for other model one ???

Post by Mori Man »

CVK's up to 35mm should fit your rails and spacers - as you've guessed from that I don't think there is another bike (apart from the 750) that has a 68-68-68 set-up.

So you could get ZZR600 CVKs (pretty sure they are 34 or 35mm) strip them down , strip you carbs down and use the cradles, rails and spacers to respace the ZZR to the 68 arrangement - then you need to sort out how to attach to airbox :smt005

FCR's you get 33mm from the SP range of the ZXR

ZXR750 also has the 68 spacings but these are now large body carbs - they might squeeze into the inlet rubbers but best bet would be to get SP ones to stand a chance again your facing what to do airbox end.

FCR's from the 750 can be used with trumpets so no airbox mod.

Ultimately you might over fuel or not get them set-up right but you wont know unless you try.

On my ZRX400 I have jumped from 30mm CVKs to 36mm with out problems - the 36s had dynojet needles in them ,ran with pods and standard jetting for a GPz900

I use 32mm TMR-MJNs so the CVKs got removed. I have fitted 38mm TMR-MJNs (large body) and these did squeeze into the inlet rubbers but the bike ran crap on them and I would of been jetting them from now until my pension oldman A rolling road would have helped but paying for that time would have outstripped the cost of my bike shocking

MM!
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
norideano
My Bike: kawasaki zxr 400 h1

Re: swapping o.e.m carbs for other model one ???

Post by norideano »

thanks MM i wil look at buying some of them carbs and testing them out i got offered a zzr 600 few weeks agao so could break bike and keep carbs and i will try the 750 carbs and see wat happens i will put up in build threads wat happens

thanks for you answers deano
HELL WAS FULL SO THEY SENT ME BACK :P