Valve seat oring size

Moderator: Moderators

Cafe racer
My Bike: Thunderace

Valve seat oring size

Post by Cafe racer »

Hi,

Any of you clever people know the ZXR400 valve seat o ring size? Part number 92055-1425.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Valve seat oring size

Post by cargo »

Why would you need to know the size......................???? you have the part number just go buy em if you need em....................
Cafe racer

Post by Cafe racer »

The dealers i have spoken to only sell them as part of the rebuild kit. I dont need the other parts. I have a supplier who can provide me with Viton o rings but i need the size. The guy who owned the zxr before me just fitted ordinary o rings he had in the garage and these have now disintergrated as they were probably nitrile or silicon.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

Two thoughts occur............your talking to crap dealers................ any good Kawasaki dealer would order you the part so try a decent dealer

Cradley kawasaki

Or if you want non OE Allens performance will be the best bet.......................google them but best to phone they will know the size based on the bike model

And better still why dont you remove the valve seat and take that to your own source ?
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

cargo wrote:Two thoughts occur............your talking to crap dealers................ any good Kawasaki dealer would order you the part so try a decent dealer

Cradley kawasaki
+1

if its the needle valve seat o-rings for the carbs, then yep.. they sell them separately .. least they did last time i needed some.
Cafe racer

Post by Cafe racer »

Sorted, I got quoted £88 for 4 rebuild kits. Now i found a guy on ebay doing them for £12 delivered. So am going down that route. The other parts of the kit are not needed yet but bugger it, i will change them anyway. At least i wont have the aubsolute nightmare i had with a set of 400 bandit carbs once.
Have jobs to do on the Thunderace so dont want to spend too much time on the zxr.
Thanks so much for all the replies.
Cafe racer

Post by Cafe racer »

On another note, i have noticed that the other 3 carbs are dripping fuel very slightly as though the carb bowl screws are not tight enough - they are, but i was led to believe that this is just a drain point and does not double as an overflow point as on many other carbs. I have removed the screws and cleaned the taper with 800 grade wet and dry but its still happening.

Can anyone shed any light on this, maybe someone has had it before?
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Post by Tirpitz »

They are just drain screws not overflows, if they are tightened and in good order you should have no leakage. As you've cleaned the scresw up you might want to remove the float bowls so you can look inside at the screw seating surface in the bowl/ May be some crap trapped in there. Otherwise you could try a tiny smear of silicone sealant (petrol resistant :smt002) on the end of the screw.
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock