Carb leaking

Moderator: Moderators

shoryzo
My Bike: ZXR400

Carb leaking

Post by shoryzo »

Hi,
i ve read all the threads in this section but i couldn't find an answer so i will ask again.

After a 2 week period that my bike has been parked in my garage i tryed to start it and i woun't go.
After 5-6 atempts i stoped because i've flooded the carbs
Stripped down the carbs, cleand them and put all togheter back.
Now fuel leaks from the small pipe between carb 3 and 4. (as far as i read the threads i've identifyed that the small pipe is the carb overflow)

The motor wount start...but i think now is a spark problem (batery not good, or spark plugs)
Anyway what should i do regarding the fuel leak problem....

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't drive fast....I just fly real low
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Carb leaking

Post by RedexRobB »

Get them apart again and check you havent introduced any dirt into the system, spray carb cleaner is your friend. Check that floats move up and down freely, and they all sit at the same level, i suspect this may be your problem as they sit on metal tangs and can be bent quite easily. You can actually test the level without taking them apart by putting a clear pipe on the drain and routing it up beside the carb where there is a marker:

http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/Manuals/H%20M ... er%202.pdf page 2-8

Also check the little needles that sit on the floats, they should be nice and pointy, also worth checking the o ring they seat into too.

I would also get the plugs out and let any unburnt fuel in the cylinders to evaporate, hopefully make things easier to start next time.
shoryzo
My Bike: ZXR400

Re: Carb leaking

Post by shoryzo »

Sorry for replying so late
Problem solved. The niddle pin from carb no3 was jammed and could not close the inflow of fuel when carb was full.The cause was human error - when i put it back in place i wasn't paying attention.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't drive fast....I just fly real low