Mixture Screws

Moderator: Moderators

belroy
My Bike: N reg ZXR400

Mixture Screws

Post by belroy »

When i got my bike it was restricted to 33bhp using the washers in the carbs and I also found a bit of paper with all the service reciepts saying "restrictors fitted, end can installed and baffle removed and all set up accordingly".......

Now ive removed the restrictors (ages ago) :wanker and never even thought about changing the mixture screws, since then ive had a K&N air filter fitted and new stainless steel downpipes so obviously now I need to adjust the screws to suit my set-up or atleast go back to standard which has got to be better than its set at now.

Few questions
1. If i turn all the screws back to the start (clockwise) how many turns anticlockwise will be standard (1994 L)

2. Considering ive got K&N air filter, new downpipes and a micron end can with no baffle has anyone got a set up that would be better than standard

cheers guys and girls
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Mixture Screws

Post by cargo »

Dyno time
belroy

Post by belroy »

did i mention im skint
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

top performance.................... requires money

Given that your bike is fairly stock.............I'd say no more than an hour on a dyno should sort it...........dont try anything clever with the stock airbox leave it well alone.

One run will tell you what to change in the carbs and a couple more to fine tune.......................£50 at my fav dyno...............and it is money well spent.
belroy

Post by belroy »

Ye thats too pricey for my blood just had to fork out for a new cam chain and tensioner