Fuel tap repair kit

Moderator: Moderators

vanman
My Bike: zxr400l

Fuel tap repair kit

Post by vanman »

Can any one tell me which rubber o rings i will use to repair the fuel tap on my L5 zxr ,noticed the fuel wasnt going to reserve and moving the tap round to off or main ,reserve did not make any differnce , Bought a repair kit off e bay and has about 5 seals and o rings plus two screws but no intructions as to which ones fit what. am assuming that if the o rings have perished as is suggested on the forum i wont just be able to compare the o rings in the tap

This is the kit i have bought ,any advice as to what goes where would be appreciated ,Thanks Vanman

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT
A DOG IS FOR LIFE NOT JUST A FRIDAY NIGHT
parby81
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Re: Fuel tap repair kit

Post by parby81 »

have you taken yours apart yet. normally when the one with three holes goes, it tears and reserve and main tank become one and you end up running out.
These things are sent to try us!!
vanman
My Bike: zxr400l

Post by vanman »

Thanks for the reply yep took it apart o rings looked ok but replaced them any way but all it has done is made the tap a bit stiffer to turn and still runs on any position ? :smt017
A DOG IS FOR LIFE NOT JUST A FRIDAY NIGHT
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

How are are you checking that it works like that? Even in the off position it still comes out?

A new tap is about £20 if memory serves me.
parby81
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by parby81 »

if you have seated the three holed bit of rubber right then it will be fine. The surfaces need to be smooth though. The turning key that you take out should be smooth on the face and when pushed in sits against the three holed washer. Make sure you have that the right way round as well. As long as its sat right and the surfaces are mating correctly the tap can't leak. It is a poor design by kawasaki but it is all we have to work with
These things are sent to try us!!
Rolo
My Bike: ZXR400

Post by Rolo »

I am having issues with the fuel tap on my L1 - it has never worked, permanently on so have bought new washer kit from ebay.

It has the smiley face, screws and 2 rubber o rings, trouble is when I took mine apart there are no o rings (probably why it never worked) and I don't know where they go!!!!

At a push I could take the tap out of my H2 to see what's what - I assume they are the same?

Anyone help?
Cadorna
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 H1 '90

Post by Cadorna »

Hi,

Could someone confirm me if L and H Fuel Tap Repair Kit are the same for both please ?

Thanks.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »