flat spot coming out of bends

Moderator: Moderators

rpmsi
My Bike: zxr400 h

flat spot coming out of bends

Post by rpmsi »

iv been told by spr racing to fit a wire from my brake switch to the fuel pump so it turns pump off when i brake and stops fuel surge has any one tryed this at all does it work??????????????????????????? cheers simon :smt013
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: flat spot coming out of bends

Post by zimm »

ive heard of it being done.. normally with flatslides.. I would think CV's would be able to cope.
rpmsi
My Bike: zxr400 h

Post by rpmsi »

cheers mate any ideas on modifieing air box on a h model too without spending on a ram air box
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

just get a ram-air box...

the stock unit strangles it, and the air-tray + bellmouths idea doesnt work too well either.

having said that, I raced a pretty much stock H1 with OE airbox/filter etc .. you'll still overtake the honda's.
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

rpmsi wrote:iv been told by spr racing to fit a wire from my brake switch to the fuel pump so it turns pump off when i brake and stops fuel surge has any one tryed this at all does it work??????????????????????????? cheers simon :smt013
What's the purpose of this mod? I actually prefer to run a high idle for racing.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

with flatslides, under really long hard braking, the floats can swing about, if the pump is still live it'll over fill the bowls and cause poor pickup when you try and get back on the gas .. so switch it off under hard braking with the brake light switch.