Got some goodies

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

undertray with shotgun lights!
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
Bestie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Bestie »

hi and,

yeah, i got a motrax tail tidy rr-send today, its the newer version which can pivot and aso be moved up and down and left to right, inc holes for indys, but doesnt seem ti fit very well, looks good in black though! also got a motrax led plate light for a tenner, though i cant believe i didnt notice the shotgun lights have clear bottoms lol!

gonna shop around and look, had a nasty incident sunday involving my speedo drive unit. i didnt fit it correctly after putting on a new tyre, and it sheared off, leaving me with no speedo and a dangling cable next to the brake disc for 8 miles, ouch!

so, move into nice shiny flat sat, stick zed in garage, and get to work baby, hopefully it will look as good as yours!!!

edit: the hids, could you give me some more details reg them? ive looke dat the workshop foirum and its very confusinf........a good diy detail will help me....

note to self....limit budweiser intake prior to posting as its easier.......8 bottles and counting so far!!!

:smt033 too mahy!
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Unique ZXR400

Post by Northern ANdy »

to answer your question superman,the undertray comes with the lights for £70.64 prior to VAT and postage.

they aren't HID's. HID is something completely different. They are a H4 bulb with an iridium coating on the glass basically. The problem is although the H4 has the right connector pattern, 3 pin for combined main/dip, the lugs on the bulbs do not fit into the headlight. This is because the kwak uses a special bulb, and its only a 35w/55w where as the H4 is 55w/65w (they are also available in 100w odd).

Because of this the lugs need cutting off the bulbs, and a small notch in the headlight (also designed to work with the kwak special bulb) has to be removed.
Only now do the bulbs fit in, but they are still very slightly skewiff, due to the bulb normally seat on the 3 lugs, not the flat surface at the base of the glass. This causes the bulb to be cocked slightly up, probably sort it out with some bending or lamp aim adjustment.

Have you bought the tail tidy online? could be easier than making one if they are relatiely cheap.
Andy
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

May i refer you to this

http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/zxr400/iridium.html

You can get the bulbs to sit flush because i managed it, but you need to work at the tags to make sure they are bent properly and dont catch at the side.
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

check this out then, im havin trouble pondering what the difference is with VAT + postage cant be £40 minimum can it? or am i off the mark!!!!! plus i cant seem to see the difference between the two shown unless one is colour matched

http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products?det ... Xgodj0t84g
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Unique ZXR400

Post by Northern ANdy »

http://www.ermaxuk.co.uk/pages3/dbc.php ... roduct=301

the colour matched is 100 odd from ermax direct
Andy
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

Ah cheers mate, that sorts it ill get in touch with them direct to see how much kwak green is.