Places to go

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Places to go

Post by superman »

Hi all i recently passed the bike test but now need somewhere to go does anyone know where to go, i know of the cafe in bridgenorth an the wheel but if there is anywhere else that would be cool
Cheers :smt003
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
Jackson
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Jackson »

the wheel was closed down cause too many bikes were trying to get there.

Unless its been allowed to re-open again?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

we'll have to meet up at the bridgenorth cafe 1 day mate, my ex's family used to own that place, maybe get parsons to meet up there too.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Renegade

Post by Renegade »

dont know how far away bassetts pole is from you but thats allways good
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

I think the wheel has re opened but not many bikers go, but im up for a meet at bridgenorth cafe for sure, i went there with my instructor on the das as well, nice bacon sandwiches.

iv heard of bassetts pole but i dont know where it is exactly thoe however it sounds good its nr b ham int it.
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

i'm at bassetts a lot, you gotta go! just watch for the pigs.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

ah there eveywhere aint they now, sayin that i dont do much in the way of daftness ( probly cos im a newbie rider) this means i get to a bend an think FK me im not gona make it haha iv had afew of them so far.

on another story i thought i died last night (cut a long story short) got in from work bout half 6 thought yeaaaaaa 20 min blast on my baby so i get geared up go in the garage and try to start it, an she backfires almost blowin my eardrums, you should have seen the flames come from the exhaust! i think it was cos i left it for a couple of days with the petrol turned on. :smt021
Renegade

Post by Renegade »

yea i know theyre police at bassets but do they do you for having a non road legal zorst or just things like wheelies and stuff,

also if i have a road legal one without a baffle in it will i be ok?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

they did get a bit tight on exhausts last year, they have spates of pulling people, they are usually watchin out for the loonies as they leave but we all moved to the other exit where they can't see, they hang around down the road waiting for speedsters.
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

What do they do to you then if you turn up with a can that aint legal cos mine aint, but now i heard its down to the desgression of the person carrying out the MOT. so how do they go about that then.
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

if it's stamped "Not For Road Use" then the can wont go through an mot. and if police pull you they'll tell you to change it

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

A meet near me, there's only one way to get to it, so they park up in a layby pull bike and apparently 'cars' (well they wouldnt want to discriminate would they) or so they say. Randomly pulling bikes over and giving them the once over, but checking mainly exhausts it seems.
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

Oh nuts it looks like im gona have to get the stamp and grind the, "not for road use" off aint i, well that sucks.

so you dont get 3 points or anythin for it then thats not bad is it i suppose. just have to do alot of yes officer no officer 3 bags full officer
Last edited by superman on Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

yeah i think all they will do is give you a bollocking and a producer whereby you have to get the can changed and ticket stamped by an mot tester then show up at the cop shop.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

or they will issue you with a 30 quid fine. My mates have all been given one at some point even tho they havent got 'not for road use' on them, they never paid and when sent a letter they sent one back with a page out of an MOT test booklet. Did the trick.