Any model makers here? Need resin advice.

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Any model makers here? Need resin advice.

Post by RedexRobB »

Im looking to make carbon parts and wanted some info on resins. How to use them, mixtures, cost, suppliers etc...

Im guessing its the same as making glass fibre repairs just you need to use a certain resin to get a good finish. Just wanna get started with some info and look into it a bit more, i wanna be sure how the resin stuff works before i start buying the wrong stuff etc....

cheers :smt001
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Zx7r

Post by diesel »

i make models but not like that. i do 1/12th ones lol. i have no idea aboot that tho.
Quicker Than Yngwie

kwackkev22
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by kwackkev22 »

all rite mate i make carbon fiber for a living have to work the resin systems out in weight number of parts divided by the amount you want .But i do it on a massive scale 50 kg bowls. we make all the carbon fiber for the f1 cars and loads for planes i could get you some waste carbon fiber that doesn't go on the roll to the customer or even dry ud weave on the bobbin will warn you not sure what type of glue or resins your gonner be using but they exotherm most off them have to cure off in on oven if you dont have them at a stable temp. just warning you get back to me if can help you at all :smt006
previous bikes
piaggio nrg 50
cagiva mito 125
current bike zxr400l9