none of the above im a power ranger!
52%

Total votes: 21

Rob636
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

POLL are you a squid? be truthfull!

Post by Rob636 »

easy POLL this one, this poll is do you ride without leathers or protection please answer!
Rob636
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by Rob636 »

my answer was based on my 2006 riding i went out in a t shirt the most, but 2007 will be different, ive changed my ways now due to having an accident anyways i own up i was a squid in 2006, Rob
Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

I always ride in full protective gear; I usually wear leathers but sometimes synthetics. I Had an accident a few years back and if I hadnt been in full protective gear I would have needed skin grafts. Since then, I decided that it is not worth the risk of not wearing full gear.
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
CarneyUK

Post by CarneyUK »

I always get leathered up. Seen to many pictures of road rash on the net. Doesn't look nice at all.

http://www.maigh.com/photos/kev_rr.jpg
Have put the link in just incase people don't wanna see it.

That's gotta hurt!!!!! :smt010
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

usually full leathers unless going to work i wear leather jacket & gloves, lid and jeans.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Xphyral »

Same as MOI, if i'm off for a proper ride i wear my mighty morphin power ranger battlesuit so i can duel safely with my tarmac enemies.

If i'm just going to work/shop/mates then it's jacket and jeans.

I never wear a helmet though, those things are for losers :smt004

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Rob636
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by Rob636 »

when i had my accident i had a synthetic jacket on with armour, absolutly amazing, proper saved me from any road rash, if you dont have the money to get leathers i totally recomend a synthetic armoured jacket, although i do have a full power ranger suit, its just i put on abit of weight since i bought them 3 years ago and well uh hmm, i dont fit them anymore lol, Rob
Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

Rob636 wrote:when i had my accident i had a synthetic jacket on with armour, absolutly amazing, proper saved me from any road rash, if you dont have the money to get leathers i totally recomend a synthetic armoured jacket, although i do have a full power ranger suit, its just i put on abit of weight since i bought them 3 years ago and well uh hmm, i dont fit them anymore lol, Rob
completely agree re the synthetic gear. When I had my accident I was in synthetic trousers and jacket and slid down the road on my front at about 80mph. Only damage was a bruised ankle and elbow...... the trousers did a really good job of protecting my legs..... seeing the state of them, and realising that would have been my legs if i hadnt been wearing them was a bit of a reality check!

On my shopping list for this year is a pair of draggin jeans, so I dont have to get into full kit for short rides.
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
Rob636
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by Rob636 »

yes i have been looking at them jeans in m and p, i like the army camo look in blue, would go with my bike nicely, Rob
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

i voted power ranger.

95% of the time in full textile kit (commuting)
rest of the time in the power ranger suit.

i probably rode in jeans and leather jacket about a dozen times in the last year. i'm always tempted to get a pair of draggin jeans or similar, but I can't bring myself to spend £100 or thereabouts just so I can be a lazy sod and not stick proper kit on.
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Was so hot when I went to LeMans 2 years ago i had to wear jeans and a jacket, open. Even like that I was sweating like a paedo in a cresh.
Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by Ballsout Racing »

I've got a lot more sensible as I've got older. Now as a racer I appreciate good gear a lot more. I recently discovered this: http://www.speedfreakinc.com/content/ar ... queen.html and it brought it all home. :smt009