Moderator: Moderators

does speed kill?

Total votes: 0

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

masterofinsanity wrote:my nephews just been in hospital couple of weeks back, down the bmx track and he misjudged a double jump came down on top of the second jump and dislocated his elbow, smashed some of the bone and ended up in theatre for a few hours having it all pinned! ouch!!
wow, pins eh? and he hasnt even got a motorbike :lol:

Another point about speeding, only go as fast as you can stop in the distance you can see to be clear. Another gem i learned form bike safe, if you can only see 300 ft in front of you dont go any faster than the distance you can stop in.
SimonH
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by SimonH »

so in conclusion push bikes are far more dangerous than motorbikes..... everyone at work goes mountainbiking at the weekend and they always come back scared and battered.....wonder whether they'd be the same in full leathers?
SIR (used to) CRASHALOT
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Age 19 when I got my ZXR, and I did that bikesafe course when I was age 20 last year. Was the yougest by miles. Considering its us young'uns that tend to ride too fast its a bit dissapointing that they dont get more on the course.
Dyl
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

I think the problem is that young'uns such as ourselves tend to think we know better, which over time we realise we dont!
fever

Post by fever »

RobB wrote:I think the problem is that young'uns such as ourselves tend to think we know better, which over time we realise we dont!
this is true...the most common thought that enters my mind when riding,is: *wot if*
when i first started out on the roads as a young un.i ripped into every corner with no sense of danger.
i remember the first time i ever thought of *wot if a car pulls out behind this blind corner* (the corner i use to really enjoy powering into every day) so i backed off the throttle for the very first time...
the only time i ever went slow into this corner,and guess wot? a car pulled right out infront of me...because something 'clicked' in my brain i avoided a very certain t-bone crash :)

its a f*#ker catch 22...but the only way we learn is by our mistakes.or better still,someone elses.