My new nitron's here

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Tinman
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr 400

My new nitron's here

Post by Tinman »

My new shock has arrived. Has anyone got any tips for supporting the rear of the bike while I fit the new shock.
I don't have an abba stand. Nor do I know anyone with a steel beam in their garage roof to strap the sub frame up to.
Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Re: My new nitron's here

Post by Miles »

If your in a real fix and can't support the subframe I have heard of people laying their bikes on their sides.

Obv would require removal of fairings etc and is probably more hassle then it's worth.

I just tied mine to the garage roof with rope when I changed mine out

Just a thought
cmshwa
My Bike: Zx-7R and ZXR400L

Post by cmshwa »

cable tie the front brake to the throttle so it is well on, run a strap/ rope/ parcel tape around the front wheel and round the side stand so it cant move and use a standard jack somewhere sensible on the right side of the underneath of the bike so it just cocks the rear wheel up in the air.

job, jobbed.. :smt023

alternatively, a helpful (and patient) friend could lift it on the side stand while you swap it over.
Tinman
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr 400

Post by Tinman »

Could try the side stand option I guess. I've changed over the shock linkages on an aprilia Mille that way before. The side stand on the 400 seems a bit weedy though when I've tried to spin the bike round on the side stand before.