Farewell ZXR! :(

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

JamieNeve
My Bike: CBR600RR, ZXR400 L-2

Farewell ZXR! :(

Post by JamieNeve »

Hi guys,

Just to let you all know that sadly I will be getting rid of my beautiful L2 ZXR400 in red in two weeks!

I'm going to miss it, it has been an amazing first bike, and has taught me so much about riding! I just need something a little more reliable so a brand new CBR600RR is coming my way!

Just to thank everyone for all of their help, this is quite possibly the greatest motor related forum i've come across, so it will suck not having this kind of backing on the new bike!

I will still be on the forum as I love reading the posts etc. and hopefully when I have a bit more money laying around, a ZXR project will take place, so many more questions will be fired your way!

Jamie
Top-shaggy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: KR-1R

Re: Farewell ZXR! :(

Post by Top-shaggy »

If your still on here and interested them that's what counts.. In my book you have just strayed away to the dark side for a bit like a naughty teenager .. (Snigger)

Hopefully you will be back on the righteous path of KHI very soon
:smt018 :pmsl :excited
We are we're we are..
JamieNeve

Post by JamieNeve »

Hahaha, gotta give other bikes a go!

I'm sure i'll be back on a Kwakka soon!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

ive had 3 zxr400s since moving on from my first.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Post by KwakKwak »

JamieNeve wrote: a brand new CBR600RR is coming my way!
:smt023 A very fine choice sir, welcome to the world of fuel guages. Best 600 out there, in fact my garage presently has the ZXR a blade, 750 gixxer and the 600RR and the RR is by far the pick of the bunch, totally beautiful, you will love it, first time you open the throttle and you hear it gulping in air and getting down to business you will be most exited.

I would advise traffic passing in 6th for a while as the numbers hammer up on that lovely speedo. The ZXR is decent for twisty roads, but bloody hopeless around town, and a little limp and wearing on motorways, the RR however is just perfect everywhere.

Enjoy Fuel injection Mr good taste, and no fookin' choke,
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
Top-shaggy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Top-shaggy »

What happened to the adage "boys ride Hondas but the ones that have had sex ride a Kwak"? Lol

If it wasn't for the fact that I also have a CBR600 (gulp!.. Ooher... did I really just admit that, I'm gonna have to go tell the wife now that I'm a virgin and see what she says.. If I don't ever post again you know why !)

Are we really all a bunch of team green traitors ? :smt026
We are we're we are..
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

Top-shaggy wrote:What happened to the adage "boys ride Hondas but the ones that have had sex ride a Kwak"
If you read through many of the posts on here you'll find another adage, namely, "many ZXR riders could seriously do with a good shag" :pmsl
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
Top-shaggy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Top-shaggy »

Hmmmph.. Me too biggrin

I'm pretty new to ZXRs but I can tell already its a bike that fits my DNA (even though it's really too small for me)
So unlikely to be parting with it anytime soon and the truth is the wifey wants the ZXR so I've go no say in the matter !
We are we're we are..
JamieNeve

Post by JamieNeve »

KwakKwak wrote:
JamieNeve wrote: a brand new CBR600RR is coming my way!
:smt023 A very fine choice sir, welcome to the world of fuel guages. Best 600 out there, in fact my garage presently has the ZXR a blade, 750 gixxer and the 600RR and the RR is by far the pick of the bunch, totally beautiful, you will love it, first time you open the throttle and you hear it gulping in air and getting down to business you will be most exited.

I would advise traffic passing in 6th for a while as the numbers hammer up on that lovely speedo. The ZXR is decent for twisty roads, but bloody hopeless around town, and a little limp and wearing on motorways, the RR however is just perfect everywhere.

Enjoy Fuel injection Mr good taste, and no fookin' choke,
Reading this has got me even more excited then I already was haha, 2 weeks today!

Yeah, i've done alot of research, and for all round everything the CBR always comes out on top. Now i'm working full time a need something that I can rely on everday, and looks as beautiful as it does! I will however miss the ZXR, but am ready to move on!

Now I know who to come to if I have any Honda questions biggrin
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

To answer your first question, Yoshimura or Leo Vince :smt002

You're pretty much done there, as nothing will go wrong and you have that nice 2 year warranty, downside being Mr Honda will insist on servicing the bike during this time, but they are actually very nice and take care of the bike, mine has one tiny swingarm scratch, they saw it and made sure I was aware they had not done it, appears they actually give a sh1t.

You will defo enjoy the 9000 rev mark, so lovely.

Finally for some odd reason when I'm out on the RR I always get waves and attention from frankly, far too young schoolgirls, although this is a subject best left alone :pmsl
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

KwakKwak wrote:Finally for some odd reason when I'm out on the RR I always get waves and attention from frankly, far too young schoolgirls, although this is a subject best left alone :pmsl
haha it was ME all along!

:smt006
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
JamieNeve

Post by JamieNeve »

That's good to hear! (Not refering to the school girls biggrin )

Do you recall how much a general service is by Honda? I trust myself tinkering with my 22 year old ZXR, but will be a tad apprehensive on the new bike!

It will be nice having a bike I know will start every time and get me to where I need to be (and look/ sound bloody awesome on the way :excited )

I was looking at an Akrapovic exhaust, but if you have any other recommendations, I'll be listening biggrin
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

First service is about a ton, oil and filter, check all is well etc, I got them to adjust the gear lever position too, get some value and all that. You won't be tinkering with it whilst under warranty anyway, and you need to take your ZXR head off, there is NO need to tinker, this bike works well everywhere.
Start it and ride off, no bloody sitting waiting, warms up really quickly too.

Personally I reckon the Akrapovic is the worst sounding can for it, but sound is in the ear of the beholder, standard can sounds good on proper chat, and I actually like it being pretty quiet at low revs, more fun less advertising for plod down the road.

I have one big project to carry out on mine, tax disc holder is coming off :pmsl
JamieNeve

Post by JamieNeve »

Sounds about right for the first service!

It's going to be strange, with the amount of time which has been spent in the garage with the ZXR, I won't be needed anymore :smt010 but definitely a good thing for my new commute with work!

Think i'm gonna have to buy something old and beaten to keep my hands busy on the weekends

Coooorrrr that is a hefty project! Best get it down to a garage for that one biggrin
JamieNeve

Post by JamieNeve »

I'm sad (and also very happy) to say that my ZXR has been picked up and taken away by the dealer, who's left me an absolutely stunning CBR600RR in its previous garage space. :excited

I'm sad to see the little thing go, it's taught me alot and been an amazing first proper bike, and it wouldn't have still been running if it wasn't for the expertise of you lot on the forum! I won't be going anywhere though, as after a quick look, the cbr forum is quite crap in comparison! biggrin

Cheers folks,

Jamie