full micron exhaust system jetting

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

aasher10
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr400

full micron exhaust system jetting

Post by aasher10 »

Just wondering what size jets and needle settings everybody uses on the micron exhaust system?? I don't really want to pay £380 to have a dyno jet kit fitted and whilst my bikes apart I'm going to balance the carbs and would like to finally jet the carbs to suit the full micron exhaust system I have fitted. Standard air filter.

1999 L9 model

Cheers
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: full micron exhaust system jetting

Post by banner001 »

Almost impossible to give you a definitive answer as every bike will fuel slightly differently. I would guesstimate 100-105 mains, if you use a dynojet kit you might find that your mains will be different to this as the needles are richer in the dynojet kit.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

The bloke who works on my 1992 zxr400 (32mm carbs/ full micron system)said, i think, that i needed 120 jets.

I dont really know what the means, might help though.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
aasher10
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr400

Post by aasher10 »

Alright cheers guys, to be honest I've not really noticed any difference to when I had the standard system with just an endcan fitted, only really a flat spot around 5K, and it's always ran abit lumpy around 4K even before fitting the system, so guess I'll just have the carbs balanced and go from there, I don't get any signs of it running lean on wide open throttle so I'm guessing if anything needs adjusting it'll be the needles.