Turbo'd ZXR400 - but not what you think !

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

muttsnuts
My Bike: ZXR400H1

Turbo'd ZXR400 - but not what you think !

Post by muttsnuts »

This is the ZXR400H build I have done this year, still lots of development to go and I am after a few bits to make it better looking etc as I've had to use what In had for now.

Its had a 2 stroke engine fitted which has been turbo charged !!

I choose the little ZXR because it is a great handling bike and I just happened to have one to hand !! :D

I am hoping to have it at full power/potential by Dec this year, I am aiming for 80bhp to 100bhp, the bike weighs in at just 120kgs !, what is interesting for you guys is that the turbo I have used should work really well with a stock ZXR400 motor, its small and is good for upto 100bhp

Once I've got it working as I want I am looking to upgrade a few things, the front end, wheels and brakes are high on my list, as is some cosmetics, so any helpful/useful info would be good, been looking through the various postings etc for ideas, do like the idea of a ZX10 front end on it with radial brakes etc !

Anyway, so pics of the bike..........

and here is one of it going round Cadwell a few weeks back......

Tom Mac
My Bike: ZXR400H2

Re: Turbo'd ZXR400 - but not what you think !

Post by Tom Mac »

interesting, AC bottom end with LC top end?
wilko
My Bike: zxr400 L1 & R1 4c8

Post by wilko »

like the dash :-)
Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy toad, what a ride!
muttsnuts
My Bike: ZXR400H1

Post by muttsnuts »

Tom Mac wrote:interesting, AC bottom end with LC top end?
correct, although the LC barrels have been lengthened and are 8mm longer, also the crank has been modified as have a lot of things TBH, plus lots of bespoke one off stuff made