Any ZXR 400 Owners Heading To Moto GP @ Silverstone?

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

rajrakhiria
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

Any ZXR 400 Owners Heading To Moto GP @ Silverstone?

Post by rajrakhiria »

Have been a member of this forum for sometime. Have had great support and guidance through the posts for any niggles or major service repairs to my 400, L9. Not forgetting Baz has been outstanding for any direct specific issues.

Anyway to be brief, (this may not happen).....are any owners keen on Moto GP? Thinking of heading out on race-day Sunday (31st) August and wondering if anyone is doing the same from the Midlands?

Haven't asked the 'misses' yet and furthermore awaiting UK forecast near date to purchase ticket.
(I am out of the UK until Moto GP week).

Raj
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: Any ZXR 400 Owners Heading To Moto GP @ Silverstone?

Post by banner001 »

like you i might be going, its only down the road, but my zxr400 is now a dry-weather only bike, so if its rained/will rain/is raining im out.

ill make my decision on the thursday night and if tickets are available ill buy them on friday, maybe treat the wife as well if she's not working, but at a minimum £75 a ticket thy're not cheap are they...
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
rajrakhiria

Post by rajrakhiria »

Completely agree. I went last year with the wife, thoroughly enjoyed the day, however she''s declined my offer this year. So I'm on my own unless I take the car/or public transport. However each visit to Silverstone on a major event the traffic is a nightmare (unless go by bike). I usually purchase grandstand tickets, all stands are now on limited availability.

Bonus with seating is that you can go and return as you please, and if it's raining and your in a covered stand all good. However the track is not much fun place in the rain!

Keep in touch via the forum or feel free to email me:-
mehndimarquees@hotmail.com

If we go independently we could always meet up at the track for refreshments.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Raj
banner001
Track day God
Track day God

Post by banner001 »

The missus has informed me that we are up in doncaster that weekend...however bsb are still to do donnington and silverstone and it's a damn sight cheaper than motogp.

Again, if the weather is good I'm up for a bike ride up for a Sunday, grandstands not a bad idea...
rajrakhiria

Post by rajrakhiria »

Ok no worries. Silverstone has always been a consuming business circuit! I think Moto GP is a rip-off but I don't do football and only follow Moto GP and BSB so gives us true 2 wheeled sport fans limited choice.

Donnington has still got flow and has retained some of its true curves. Has always been one of my favourites, but haven't been there since the 'Fogarty' days. BSB is O5/06/07 Sept. General Admission is £25 plus £10 for each grandstand seat, can only presume these are reserved and covered will try and find out.

Raj
banner001
Track day God
Track day God

Post by banner001 »

sounds like a plan, anyone else want to join in...weather permitting?
rajrakhiria

Post by rajrakhiria »

Managed to attain a late w/end ticket for this years Moto GP, (hopefully it should be dry)! Now the other half has put her foot down on me going to BSB at Donnington the following week :-( So unless I can encourage a fortunate turn-around I will have to give Donny a miss.....

At least bike parking is Free at Grand Prix w/end, but you will have to save up for a burger!
banner001
Track day God
Track day God

Post by banner001 »

well see if you can go to donny, if the weathers good im gonna go, cant make bsb silverstone as im unavailable that weekend, and brands is too far to go on a cold october day...