thinking of selling

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

rambo
My Bike: zxr 400

thinking of selling

Post by rambo »

I need some advise. I have a n reg zxr400 with extremely low miles. the bike hasn't been used for two years. its current state is stored in my garage as it has been for the two years. It has a double bubble screen, scorpion slip on but headers where blowing slightly before I took it off the road, also red and black racing livery which could do with touching up. Rear brake calliper has been removed as it was seized and as it stands is not running, so will need carbs balancing. Everything else is as it should be. Im really thinking of selling her as I never use her and its a shame. What would everybody's opinions be on price wise to sell. Its a real shame I have come to this.

any help or interest would be appreciated.
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: thinking of selling

Post by banner001 »

as it stands as a non-runner, if it is a simple fix, and if the rear brake can be made "good" again, and depending on the actual number of miles i would reckon between £900-£1200, depending on condition and miles...if it was standard paint it would be worth more.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

I paid just under 500 quid for my non runner SP delivered to my door. Nothing seized , some scrapes n scratches , CVKs fitted to it and it had just been newly serviced but they couldn't get it to run. I had it running within 35mins of arriving but it wouldn't tick over.

I suspected tight valves and when I done the shim check all but one inlet were tight , now it starts flawleslly :smt001

With Ti exhaust , FCR's , race CDI , clean cowl and side panles, cleaner wheels , new pads and new boots I am still under 1,400 quid for it.

I personally wouldn't pay over 500 quid for any non-runner any age regardless of miles unless it was a rare bike and the value of it's parts exceeded the purchase price.

Get it running and get it sold :smt001
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
jimsym
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

Post by jimsym »

It really varies and you wont know until you stick in on the market.

Have a look at ebay completed auctions - zxr400 non runners go from £500 up to £900, although who knows if they ever pay that price when they turn up.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Thanks for the help. I really don't want to sell and would rather get it running and back on the road but no one around has vacuum gauges or can balance carbs! Pain in the bum really
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

ive got all the gear you would want and more...where in the country are you?
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

Mori Man wrote:
I personally wouldn't pay over 500 quid for any non-runner any age regardless of miles unless it was a rare bike and the value of it's parts exceeded the purchase price.

Get it running and get it sold :smt001

Agreed
rambo

Post by rambo »

banner001 wrote:ive got all the gear you would want and more...where in the country are you?
Essex.

Bike is going to be kept and sell my Civic Type R instead as I have a work car I can use. So on wards with getting her built properly.

Thanks for all your advice, im sure il be asking a lot more during the time im going to be putting the bike back to how she should be.
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

rambo wrote:
Bike is going to be kept and sell my Civic Type R instead as I have a work car I can use. So on wards with getting her built properly.

Thanks for all your advice, im sure il be asking a lot more during the time im going to be putting the bike back to how she should be.

:smt023
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly